Rich Wilde is back again to lead us on a new adventure. This time, Play ‘N Go’s dashing hero is taking us on an expedition to unravel the secrets of an ancient Cthulu cult. What awaits is encounters with eldritch horrors, ancient knowledge, and potential riches. Are you willing to risk the madness of the void to strike it rich?
Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness is played across a 5×5 reel grid and makes use of a cluster pay system rather than traditional paylines. The bonus features bring us into contact with beings older than time and the chance of winning up to 2,000 times your bet.
|Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness Slot Summary|
|Software Provider||Play ‘N Go|
|Bonus Features||Eye Marks, Other World Free Round, Portal, Mega Wild + Special Wilds, Cascading symbols|
Symbols and Winning Combinations of Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness Slot
Over the course of the Rich Wilde series we have explored Aztec ruins and delved into Egyptian tombs. In this installment, the intrepid explorer faces of beings of unimaginable power. Eldritch horrors from the Cthulu mythos await us on this adventure.
The setting for Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness is a gloomy cathedral that houses a sinister statue. The backdrop is illustrated in exquisite gothic detail and the storm raging outside further adds to the atmosphere of horror and forces that we should not be in contact with.
A simple 5×5 reel grid sits in the center of the screen with Rich Wilde standing, reassuringly, to the right. On the left side is a counter that comes into play as you collect winning combinations. Below the reels, all of the tools and displays you need are arranged in an easy to understand and use manner.
Thee reels are populated by thirteen amazingly illustrated symbols, you will find a mixture of cult related objects and gems. Eight are regular symbols, the remaining five are wilds with varying functions. They are:
- Low value = Green gem, Red gem, Blue gem, Purple gem
- Medium value = Cthulu skull, Ring
- High value = Dagger, Medallion
- Wilds= Blue rune, Purple rune, Octopus monster, Rich Wilde, Necronomicon
This high volatility slot use the cluster pay system rather than the paylines some slot fans may be more familiar with. To get a winning combination, you must have four or more matching symbols land on the reels that are touching vertically and/or horizontally.
A neat feature at play is the cascading symbols system. Whenever a winning combination appears, it is removed after paying out. More symbols then fall from above to fill the empty spaces. This can lead to consecutive wins from one spin.
Asa high volatility slot, the payouts for winning combinations are quite generous. Ten or more matching low value symbols in a cluster will win you 2x-6x your bet. A cluster of 10 or more medium value symbols pays out 30x-40x your bet. The highest paying symbols are the Dagger and Cthulu medallion, clusters of 10 or more payout 60x- 100x your bet, respectively.
Bonus Features of Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness Slot
Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness includes a host of spectacular bonus features, including several wild symbols and special effects. The features are well integrated and add another dimension to the gameplay.
The portal to the left of the reel controls many of the bonus features, including the special wilds. Winning combinations are collected by, and charge up the portal. The portal features are triggered when a certain number of symbols are collected. The features are:
- 7 symbols – two special wilds are added to the reels, the special wilds are the blue and purple runes.
- 14 symbols – two special wilds are added to the reels, the Abyss feature is triggered if a wild results in a winning combination
- 27 symbols – two special wilds are added to the reels, the Void feature is triggered if a wild results in a winning combination
- 42 symbols – the Other World Free Round is triggered.
The Abyss feature an entire row or reel starting from the winning wild. All removed symbols are collected by the portal and added to the counter total.
The void feature picks a symbol at random and removes all of those symbols fro the reels. The total number of symbols removed is also added to the portal counter total.
In addition to the special wilds, there are three more wild symbols at play in Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness. They are:
- Rich Wilde – adds a 2x multiplier to wins
- Necronomicon – can trigger portal effects
- Octopus monster – a mega wild that only appears in the Other World Free Round
Eye Marks are the purple squares that can appear at random around symbols. If a winning combination contains an Eye Mark, an eye will open and two wilds will be added to the reels after winnings are paid and the cascade has finished.
The Other World Free Round is a free spin feature that is triggered when the portal collects 42 symbols. You may only have 1 free spin but all of the portal features are active during the round. For every 3 symbols in a winning combination a special feature is applied, up to the maximum of 7 features.
The portal features are triggered when there are no more winning combinations after the spin and cascade, they include:
- Special wilds – 4 special wild symbols are added to the reels
- Abyss – 4 special wilds are added to the grid, landing a winning combination with one or more of the wilds will trigger the Abyss feature
- Void – 4 special wilds are added to the grid, landing a winning combination with one or more of the wilds will trigger the Abyss feature
- Eye Marks – if 12 eyes are opened a 2×2 Mega Wild symbol appears and slowly makes its way down the reels.
Rich Wilde and the Tome of Madness is an action-packed, high volatility slot with an RTP of 96%. The high volatility limits your chances of winning, but when you do it is often an impressive amount.
Although the graphics are stunning, it is the bonus features that bring this slot to life. They may be difficult to trigger, but the features are worth waiting for. We would recommend this slot to more experienced fans, or those with a large balance.